Electric skateboards offer riders a fun and efficient way to commute, explore, or just have fun. If you’re just getting started or looking to add variety to your quiver, here's some tips to be stoked with your board choice:
- Purpose: What will you be using the skateboard for? Do you want to use it for commuting, exploring, or just for fun? Different models are designed for different purposes, so make sure to choose one that suits your needs.
- Motor: Look for a skateboard with a powerful motor that can provide a smooth and comfortable ride. Motors can range from 250W to 1000W or more, with higher wattage providing more power and speed.
- Battery: The battery is a critical component of an electric skateboard. Look for one with a long-lasting battery that can provide a range of at least 8-10 miles on a single charge. Also, consider how long it takes to charge the battery fully.
- Wheels: Choose wheels that can handle the terrain you will be riding on. For example, if you will be riding on rough or uneven surfaces, look for all-terrain wheels that can absorb shocks and provide a smooth ride.
- Deck: The deck should be sturdy and durable, able to support your weight and withstand impacts. Consider the size and shape of the deck, as well as the materials used.
- Remote Control: The remote control is essential for controlling your speed and braking. Look for a skateboard with a wireless remote control that is easy to use and provides a smooth ride.
- Price: Electric skateboards can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Set a budget and look for a skateboard that provides the features you need within your price range.
- Safety: Always wear appropriate safety gear, such as a helmet and knee pads, when riding an electric skateboard. Look for a skateboard with safety features such as LED lights, reflective strips, and regenerative braking.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best electric skateboard that suits your needs, budget, and preferences. Enjoy the ride!